Friday, June 19, 2009

What do I want in a man?

Every woman asks the question
And yet we never stop to answer ourselves
What do I want in a man? I ask myself today,
I want a man who attracts me from the beginning
And be able to hold my attention everyday
I want a man who is charming and bright
And yet not manipulative or dishonest
I want a man who is intelligent and challenging
And yet not proud and hard
I want a man who listens to what I say
But even important listens to what I don’t say
I want a man who is an equal
And yet a shoulder I can lean on and feel safe
I want a man who wants me for me
Not me for sex, appearance or fame
I want a man who knows he is special to me
And makes me feel I’m special for him
I want a man I don’t have to question
A man who is not unwilling to be questioned
I want a man who accepts and loves me for me
A man I can accept and love for himself
I want a man who can stay up late talking
Or fall asleep reading a book
I want a man who can analyse serious world issues
And yet be able to enjoy a simple adventure or comedy
I want a man who is tall and has a great smile
I want a man I can be myself with
And enjoy making love with
Not only the traditional man woman way
I want a man who is in touch with his true nature
For nature has no limits and no boundaries
I want a man who likes making love in the woods
Under a blanket of stars , or on the beach
I want a man who enjoys life as it comes
One who can live on a 100 million dollar house
And yet enjoy the simplicity of a hut
I want a man who supports my true desires
For my desires are my dreams
To give life to those who have no hope
To create a life for those who will never have
For everyone in the world was created for a purpose
We all have to reach our true destination
And yet… every person is balanced by another
A true balance creates value
A forced balance diminishes potential
The truth of life is life itself
As souls live forever and go through recreation
Life after life after life
An incomplete circle of life
Is not the end of life as thought
Only the end of this life …..
I want a man I can laugh with and cry with
I want a man I can argue with
I want a man who is secure in being himself
And allows me to be myself
I want a man I can trust with my life
I want a man I can love till my last breath
Not only in this life, but after forever
For there is no forever…there is always more

1 comment:

  1. I see! Veery interesting. Well, But have a challenge here...seems hard to find that MAN, unless you ommit this line from the poem..."I want a man who is an equal...And yet a shoulder I can lean on and feel safe." coz it's kind of contradicting. You may get either, but no both. My take!

    ReplyDelete