Friday, June 19, 2009

Reminiscing on love

I remember when love used to be simple
Meeting a guy and knowing just by looking at his eyes
He is the one I love, because my heart speaks.

From the very beginning I always listened to my heart
No matter how wrong my past choices have been
I still listen to my soul … my heart.

But now I let my mind ask …why?
Why do I love this guy?
Is it his eyes … always my great weakness :)
Or is it the sound of his voice, which makes my heart melt ?

Is it what I see in the nature of his character
That shows him to be ambitious and hard working,
Courageous, loving, kind and honest?
These are qualities I can live with.

Yes, I remember when love used to be simple
Now luckily it is complicated
Even more so, as I know what I want
And I could never settle for less.

I hope now I’ve answered the question
Which many keep on asking me
Why don’t you make up your mind?

All I can say is, the day will come, someday …
He will be my soul mate, my friend, my love
When my heart speaks and my mind agrees

He will be, The one.

No comments:

Post a Comment