Monday, June 29, 2009

MIND AND SPIRIT

Human beings are spiritual beings by nature. The mind is part of the spirit.

By digging deeper in the levels of conscious thoughts, feelings, motives and conscience, we are acknowleding our existance as spiritual beings with a higher purpose in life.

With this awareness, we can go to a deeper level and analyse the quality of our thoughts and understanding, and start to be selective as detached observers.

We are responsible for our thoughts, what we become is mainly based on the quality of the thoughts we choose to have.

Thinking is an art that starts with the ability to stand back and look inside our own mind.

I believe, if I don't take the conscious responsibility of choosing which thoughts to have, what is happening externally will simply affect my thoughts, feelings. and reactions.

By taking responsibility of my thoughts, it enables me to choose my destination therefore I decide which steps to take to work towards it.

This process involves clear separation of what is happening inside and what is happening outside.

Naturally I still have to give a reasonable amount of attention to my external world, without being distracted from my spirit journey.

Whenever I get frustrated by the process, I analyse the feelings as a doctor.
What feelings and emotions am I experiencing? From which place are they coming from?

As I dig deeper, I always trace the root from my pattern of my thinking.

The good news is, we can all make our own patterns!

No comments:

Post a Comment