Friday, June 19, 2009

Real people inspirations

Today I’d like to share with you, ''real people inspiration'' behind Green Waters. There have been many people but I have chosen to mention only a few who made a big impact in my life.You all know my number one hero, the late father of the nation (TANZANIA) Julius Kambarage Nyerere, whom the memories of his character, his deeds and his faith, will always remain a part of me. The moment I met him, I took the first step towards my destiny. However it has been a long journey filled with trials, learning and triumphs. It is my personal culture to acknowledge those who contributed to my growth in many different ways as I go along, because one never knows if they would live to see another day.My best friend Freda Chomi, who has always been there for me in all turns of life. She is an amazing person and the most loyal friend one can hope to have. She is my rock.My dear late friend Halima Rubanza, whose death came as a dreadful shock. After many tears of regret, I was left with a need to help others where I couldn’t help her.My late father H.E Onesiphorus Henry Tesha and my mother Marriet Tarsilla Tesha, from whom I learnt many important lessons that guide me in various situations.My dear friend Mama Rukia (Macrida), who always shares everything with everyone in need. I have never met a person with a bigger heart, and I am blessed to have her in my life.A hard working and loving mother, Mama Shida. She made me see the poor as ''real people'' with love, problems, friendship, hopes, dreams and courage.My Uncle Eddy and Aunty Adeline Lyaruu. They have been real role models as parents. All children would be lucky to have such loving parents.My Aunty Autropia Vitta, who is both a parent and a dear friend. She is the most loving and strongest woman I have ever met. My late grandfathers Mtuweta Tesha and Hipolyte Lyaruu. They built the foundation of whom I am. Their eternal guidance couldn’t be measured.My late Grandmother Magdalene Tesha, who raised 9 amazing children as a widow since 1945. I am blessed to be a descendant.My Uncle Hugh Tesha who taught me how to read and use my brains at the age of 4. I never had a bigger and more enjoyable challenge. He travelled from Moshi to Dar es salaam every month with a new bundle of books for me.My late uncle Dr.Louis Tesha, whose violent murder really shook me. I never saw violence at so close before.My late cousin Mary Alice Tesha who died at a young age. Although she had a short life, she made me see it is okey to be different and stand up for what I believe.My late cousin Joseph Tesha. He fought against Iddi Amin’s army 1977 -1978, and later died suddenly with malaria 1994. The hole he left in everyone’s heart, can only be filled with time and dedication to all he stood for. Peace and friendship. My beloved late grandmother Maria Lyaruu Hipolyte, at the age of mid 95 she still had amazing grace, charm, instinct and the diplomacy of a born leader. Her departure to the soul world has left a huge void in everyone who knew her.My dear daughter Melissa Yvonne Tesha, whose depth of love, wisdom and patience is limitless. She inspires me to fight for all children to achieve the same and leave behind a better life for their generation.My first real employer Alex Moshi, whose faith in me from the beginning of my career, gave me the tools that are useful for me today. I can´t thank him enough.Crosby, who set me free ....... this was the biggest gift of all, although I didn't see it that way at the time.My friend Gregory Barbet, who make me see that the love I have for others, is a rare gift and not a curse.My former colleague Milly, who was my mentor in many ways. Her wisdom and passion for life is expressed through the commitment in whatever she does. A value I won’t have known to master, if it wasn’t for her.My former boss Martin, without losing my job I won’t have realised that I was not following the right path. I really appreciate that now.My inspiring primary teachers Mrs Eliya, Mama Mndolwa and Mrs Semboja, Makubi, Mjuahuzi and Katende. Because of them Mlimani Primary school reputation has always been and remains outstanding. They are the true leaders.Reverend Mother Consolata, a majestic and strong woman who led Kibosho girls secondary school with an iron fist for almost 3 decades. She never gave up on any of us girls. The greatest lesson she always taught us is that ; knowing how to care and to act should be our motto in life. (Kujua kupenda, kutenda ndio ngao kuu, tudumishe)My new dear friend Bianka, an incredible woman who is very humble in her influence. She made me realise that everyone has a gift to contribute towards development and all they need is to believe in themselves.I have truly been blessed in meeting the people who shaped my path till now. I thank each and everyone of them. I believe, everything happens for a reason , even if sometimes we don’t like it. By overcoming challenges, we move a step towards our destiny....The journey continues ….

No comments:

Post a Comment