Thursday, August 20, 2009

Believe Begin Become 2008/2009

I am aware that there are many motivated Tanzanians who want to make a difference in their country especially within their regional communities.
But I wasn't aware of the many challenges they have to face only to be disappointed over and over again.

This is quite difficult, because sometimes people in the rural areas have a practical plan, but just because BBB is focusing on the ''academic'' side of the plan, the rural people don't stand a chance.
I hereby present to you the list of participants for the BBB competition 2008/2009
http://www.believe-begin-become.com/Tanzania/BBB_Finalists_and_Voucher_Winners_jan_30_2009.pdf

Looking at the headings, I see some very good agricultural and food processing plans. Therefore I wonder .... what went wrong? Do we really value IT projects in Dar es salaam than food processing projects in Villages? Is it that we don't understand the value of such a project in a community and how much the livelihoods of the people are linked to a project such as food processing?

This BBB project is creating uneven development and I'd go as far as saying if this continues, there will be an expansion of the gap between those who have and those who have not.

I'd call it RRR - Re-think, Re-evaluate, Re-structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment